By: Kim, Kat & Sam
Hey Beauties! We’re so thrilled to be nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” award by Christine , the blogger behind Splashes and Everything. Although she’s fairly new to the blogging world (like we are!) she’s certainly off to a great start, posting on her fave beauty products while giving her readers some daily inspiration. We love knowing that our NYC blog has impacted bloggers as far away as South Africa! Thanks for the love Christine, and be sure to check out her blog!
So, the rules for the award are as follows…
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the “One Lovely Blog” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you (us in this case, lol)
- Pass the award to 7 nominees
- Inform the nominees chosen by posting on their blog
Here are 7 fun facts about us:
- We all met in freshman year of high school… and we’ve been best friends ever since.
- We use Naomi Campbell reaction GIFS in group chat. We probably have like 5 in heavy rotation.
- Our fave thing to splurge on is Mexican food. We go on dinner dates just to have an excuse to eat Mexican food. No shame here, lol.
- We still have slumber parties (usually on birthdays). During these slumber parties, we are usually raiding each other’s closets makeup bags, trading all that we can.
- Katrina’s favorite color is orange. Like seriously, she needs to own everything and anything in orange.
- Sam likes to read gossip blogs. It’s a guilty pleasure, (along with making hair inspiration collages on her phone.)
- Kim has recently emerged as a redhead! So, don’t be fooled by the black hair in the photos 😛
Next up, our chosen 7 (of the many) blogs that we are loving right now:
In no particular order…
- Being Zhenya is a very sweet blogger that offers a lot to her readers, whether it be fashion, beauty, DIY, or thrifting, she’s got it all covered. She’s also very informative in her posts and gives great beauty tips on twitter! She’s awesome!
- Amber’s Blog– Amber was one of our first follows, so she definitely needs a shout out on her blog. We like that her posts are straight to the point, highlighting the visuals as her main focus. Love the various things she tries with her nails.
- The Reporter and The Girl – We like this blog and its blogger because it’s old school blogging: just writing about your life. We feel like we are stepping into this girl’s shoes and can definitely relate to her experiences. Aside from the writing, the feedback she gives and gets are (also)interesting reads.
- NailLuxxe– In case you guys haven’t noticed we love anything and everything nail-related (lol) so we were thrilled when we found this blog! She’s detailed, talented, and her visuals are on POINT. Most importantly, she has fun with her craft. Keep it up, girl!
- BoxyFoxyBeauty – this blogger keeps it real when it comes to product reviews, giving us a peek into her beauty trials and tribulations (and monthly beauty subscriptions!) and really catering to her readers’ own beauty desires, while failing not to forget her own. We know we’re always in for a treat when BoxyFoxy blogs!
- BSugarCoated – Another case of Buy Try and Supply (the details, that is) where blogger Bunnie takes us on an artistic beauty journey that we simply cannot help but follow. Her tips and tricks are incredibly helpful, her manis look so profesh and she certainly keep us beauty lovers looking forward to coming back!
- City Girl In Red Lipstick: We love that this blogger focuses on red lipstick– but knows some days we need to tame our crimson craving and leave the red lipstick at home. There are so many different shades of red available that it can be a pain finding the perfect one. The reviews definitely help, and so do her make-up tutorials!